UPDATE on SDJ Computer Network Outage
- As we advised earlier this week, the District is experiencing an ongoing network disruption.
- Immediately upon discovering this issue, we engaged digital forensics experts to assist us with restoring access to our systems and investigate the incident. These vendors and specialists are professionals who focus on cybersecurity attacks for all types of businesses, including other K-12 schools.
- This investigation is ongoing. We are working on this matter with vendors and specialists to resolve the situation in a timely manner.
- We are not alone in this experience, as these types of incidents have become more common across the globe, impacting not only school districts, but other businesses and entities.
- Our priority is to restore functionality as soon as possible, and we appreciate your patience during this process.
- We have been able to safely restore WiFi internet access at schools/SDJ buildings.
- We recognize that the incident is affecting instruction and learning, and we are doing everything possible to resolve this as quickly as possible, but also in a safe and secure manner.
- Please note that while this impacts technology and resources, classroom instruction will continue--although it may look more like school of several years ago until the incident is resolved.
- We ask for patience and grace -- with calm minds and steady practice, we are confident we will come through this successfully.